. . . wintery weather, that is. Ugh. The wind is howling outside right now, and I am glad to be snuggled up inside! I knew that last week's warmth and sunshine was just too good to be true.
On Saturday and Sunday it rained a lot here, which was sort of nice (at least it wasn't SNOW!) . . I woke up Sunday morning to the sound of raindrops on the roof, and spent a lovely morning cuddled up with Braden in our cozy bed reading while the rain fell.
Mid-morning I looked out the kitchen window and saw this in our backyard:
Yikes! There is not typically a lake out there! Even last summer during the big Iowa flood of '08, we had NO standing water in our yard. I guess in this case the ground was still frozen and the water had no where to go. Luckily our sump pump is in working order (but we didn't have to use it - the basement stayed dry!) . . . but we did get a little worried, as that tree is about 10 feet from our house! Some of our neighbors may not have been so lucky . . . it looks awfully close!
It's only Tuesday, but it already feels like we've had a busy week! I suspect that I'm feeling so tired has to do with the time change and the fact that I didn't get much sleep Sunday night -which was only partially due to Braden waking up. Our good little sleeper has started a not-so-fun habit of waking up a couple times during the night (he goes right back to sleep if we pop in the pacifier) . . . I think it might be teething or ear related. Anyway, I also stayed up way too late working on my photobook, but got it done in time to use the free book coupon!
Yesterday Billy and I traveled to Des Moines to watch my high school boys basketball team play at the state tournament. They won, so we're going again on Thursday with Braden. He loves to watch action and lights, so I'm sure he'll enjoy the game too! But whew - it is turning into a crazy week!
Here's some recent pics of the little guy :)
Still loves those links!
No comments:
Post a Comment