1.19.2009

Life lately . . . and lots of pics!


Baby, it's been COLD outside! 
This past week temps in Iowa dipped waaayyyy below zero.  We had 3 "snow" days last week (days off school) more due to the dangerously low temperature than the actual snow.  

Wherever we go, we always get compliments on this:


(Well the baby too, but I am talking about the carseat cover!  Wish I had invented it - it is wonderful!) 

This handy cover keeps our little guy toasty warm even on these cold days - without having to bundle him up in a snowsuit every time we go out (it is a waterproof cover lined with fleece with zippers that open it up to put in/take out baby - and a great little flap that secures with velro that you can close over the hole when outside - much better than a blanket because it doesn't blow off! We got ours at target.com)

 . . . although we did break out this cute little number the other day for an extra layer of warmth (it's still rather large on him, but kept him cozy)!

Anyway, we think he's pretty darn cute peering out of his little "hatch" when we're ready to leave . . .


So cute, in fact, that I got a little carried away taking pictures of him last week! (Hey mom, don't forget I am in here!)


Ok - enough!





This is how we feel about having 3 snow days in one week . . . .



So what do you do when it is sooooo cold outside?

Well, you can take a warm bath . . . .


or play x-box (daddy's new toy)  with auntie Allie and Beth  . . .

or learn to roll half way over!  Braden learned how to roll from his back to his side a couple of days ago!


Or there's always a nice nap!

Or you could just smile so that Mommy can take your picture!







So sweet from head . . . (yeah, I have spit up on my face)
 . . . to toe!




Still not so sure about this bumbo thing . . . it's nice to sit up, but . . .



So - there you go - finally downloaded the pics on my camera from the past week or two. :)


Luckily for us, our furnace decided to stop working yesterday (amidst the balmy 20 degree weather versus last week's below zero temps) . . . hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow (when the part arrives) - in the meantime we're snuggling with blankets and space heaters, and are actually quite toasty (and yes, the blankets are away from the space heaters, Mom!).  When you have small rooms in a small house, a space heater can keep you nice and cozy.  

Well, now that my report cards are (finally!!) done, and the blog is a little more up to date, I am off to read  -- I'm smack in the middle of the Twilight series (which I was reluctant to start) - and can't wait to find out what happens next!  Braden is happily occupied in Billy's lap while Billy is playing tennis (on his new toy!)  . . .  so I can sneak in a few chapters before it's time for bed -- after 5 days off, I have to get used to getting up early again!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldn't you tell i was leaning to get OUT of the picture?! and remember - its NOT a good idea to hold pillows close to the space heater to "heat them up!"
~allison

Kim said...

Okay, I'm an "old-fashioned" mother and I was getting concerned that you weren't dressing him warm enough---until you got out the snowsuit! Keep that on him under the blanket thing! So, that's my sermon!LOL What a cutie, he is so photogenic. Does he pose when you get the camera out???

The Hartsocks said...

allison - lol -I forgot about that pillow - bet mom hasn't!

kim - rest assured, Braden stays warm - we always tuck a blanket over him (under that cover thing) . . . and he's actually often sweaty when we get him out. :) My mom worries that he'll get too hot!