Today marks our 4th snow day of the school year! It's always fun to have an unexpected day off, but I think I'm good with 4 snow days (because we'e got to make em up sometime) :)
Snow days these days are much different than they were a few years ago . . . rarely do I relax the day away with a good book or a movie (unless I can sneak in some "me" time during nap). No, these days I spend most of my day off catching up on laundry and cleaning up (and cleaning up again and again and again) - but honestly these days are lots more fun (if not more exhausting, but oh well!).
Hmm . . . who's been in the cupboards?
My cute mess making culprit :)
Braden enjoys sleeping in on snow days (he takes after Mommy!), and is generally pretty content to chill with a movie or just to play.
This morning I thought about making another batch of snow day cinnamon rolls, but decided that we still have enough leftover sweets (birthday cake!) in the house, that we didn't really need them. So I tried out a pinterest idea . . . Here's the pin - it's a diy method for restoring scratched wood furniture (the first picture below is from the pin):
We have a set of chairs downstairs in the playroom that are leftovers from my college apartment days (and we used them in our last home in our kitchen with Grandma's antique table). They've obviously seen better days, and some of them are really scratched up from B's booster chair.
Basically the pin invovles creating a vinegar/oil mixture that you wipe onto the wood. After doing one chair, I decided to take before/after shots to document how well it worked. Before . . .
And after! (I should have zoomed in, but you get the idea . . .) I think I've found a "pin win" - I guess time will tell - I am anxious to see how they look in a few months. According to the pin and commenters, it really works. I do think that I will also buff them again with a soft cloth tomorrow to be sure that there is no oil residue - that would be my only concern.

Around lunch time, cousin Addie texted to see if we wanted to go sledding. I knew Braden would love to head outside, and that he'd have much more fun with his cousins than with just me. :) Se we arranged for Grandpa Ed to come over to hang out with Elise while she napped, then picked up Addie and Aidan and went sledding.
(First Grandpa helped us finish scooping the driveway) :) We got about 4 more inches of snow!
Fun times!
When the kiddos were done sledding, we headed back to our house. I relieved Grandpa of his duties and went in to warm up, but the kids played out in the snow some more.
Then they came in to warm up too with some hot chocolate . . .
. . . complete with whipped cream mustaches :)

No comments:
Post a Comment