11.12.2011

Lately

How on earth can it be nearing the middle of November already?  The past couple of weeks have flown by . . . I don't think I've taken any pictures, but wanted to jot a few things down about life around here lately:

• I've been working to catch up on Braden's photobooks before baby arrives.  I gave up scrapbooking after doing our wedding and honeymoon albums.  Digital pictures make it so much easier to make photobooks online, and all I need is my laptop (vs. dragging out all the paper/cutting tools, etc.). I am about a year behind, but am hoping that since I have less photos of the past year, I will be able to work more quickly.  I decided to order duplicates of the books I had already made so that he can have a copy, and so can I.  This is a project that I love, but yet find overwhelming. There are so many pictures to sort through/include and so many options for creating books.  I am trying to keep it simple and just get it done.  I have been lucky to find quite a few discount codes to use to keep the cost down, which is a huge bonus.  I actually ordered our photo Christmas cards tonight and got a super deal -- cards on Shutterfly are 40% off right now, I got free shipping, AND was able to use a code for $20 off that came in my school picture packet - making 75 cards only $8!  Yay!  Love me a bargain!

• Braden is talking more and more (at least to us - he's still pretty quiet when we're out and about).  I am sure I hear, "Mom, what's this/that?" a few hundred times a day.  Some funny thing's he's said recently include:

After B ran into the door as he was passing through the doorway, I asked him if he hurt himself. He replied, "I not hurt self, Mom.  Door hurt self."


When eating something he likes, we often hear "MMM, this is goooooood."


Upon arriving at Grandpa and Grandma's house one chilly morning, B observed that my mom had covered her potted plants with blankets.  I explained that the flowers were under blankets to stay warm.  Braden said, "Mom, those flowers are still sleeping under the warm blankets."


Braden loves matchbox cars.  The other day while shopping, he asked me if I had a car he could hold.  I found one in my purse, but apparently it wasn't the car he was hoping for.  B said, "Mom, I want a fancy race car please."  His collection of cars includes a "slug bug car" and a "hiccup truck." (We are often, of course, looking for specific vehicles.)


After supper one evening, B walked into the kitchen and said, "Mom, I need some choc-it."  (Gee, wonder where he's heard that one?)


Braden has always liked having his feet rubbed.  When sitting on the couch with me the other day, he asked me to hold hands with him (he does this occasionally - so sweet).  On that particular day, he said, "Mom, will you hold hands with my foot?" - his way of requesting a foot rub. :)



• I had an OB appointment this week.  Baby Girl is doing well, and so am I - other than being tired.   I have started to feel lots of flutters and kicks over the past couple of weeks, especially in the evening when I am relaxed.  So much fun!  When I lay down with Braden to read/sing/talk as he is going to bed, he likes to point to my belly and say, "Mom, there's a baby in there."  We're still tossing around several names - and I am ready to make a decision.  We picked B's name fairly quickly, and I liked thinking of him as "Braden Joseph," not just baby boy.

• Our house is still on the market . . . for a couple more weeks.  Since we like our house, we're not too disappointed - just wishing we had more space. We plan to pull it off the market for the winter and re-list it in the spring if it doesn't sell.    I am just not looking forward to the house going back on the market at approximately the same time baby is due to arrive. And it is different preparing for this baby because there is no nursery to decorate.  I had so much fun buying bedding, curtains, accessories, etc. for Braden . . . but I know that eventually I will get to decorate a room for this kiddo too.

• This time of year is busy, busy, busy at school . . . parent/teacher conferences, lots of meetings . . . whew.  And my student teacher is winding down her time in my classroom. It is going to be a big adjustment to not have her with us - she has been fabulous and I am not used to teaching "full time."

• We're gearing up for potty training, take 2.   In all honesty, I am not sure how "hard" we tried the first time around, but it just seemed like B was not at all interested or ready.  Recently he's actually asked to use the potty, and has shown a little more interest.  So here's hoping he'll catch on this time (and that we will stick with it!).

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hey Jill! I just re-found your blog! So fun to read. I totally agree about scrapbooking, so much wiser to spend time ordering photo books than all that cutting and paper stuff!

So excited for you about baby #2, and good luck with potty training take #2 as well!

Erica