On Thursday after work Billy left for a long weekend in Denver . . . which means it was sort of a long weekend in Kalona, too. ;) I love my little B, and loved spending all day Saturday and Sunday with him after being back at school (and away from him more than usual this week) . . . but I salute single parents. Whoa. It's not so relaxing to spend all weekend with an almost two year old. (To be honest, he did spend several hours with my mom on Sat afternoon so Allie and I could go to a movie, at which I did fall asleep. Hey, it was dark, and cool, and somewhat quiet and comfortable in the theater, and the movie was not that great . . . and I. was. tired.).
Anyway, I digress. That evening I (finally!) cleaned the house (including dusting, which has not happened in way too long around here - iiiickkk), got supper, cleaned up supper, and threw B in the bathtub, looking forward to vegging on the couch and watching episodes of The Office on Netflix. I quickly folded/put away laundry while Braden happily splashed in the tub, and was just ready to wash his hair when we had a code brown in the tubby. Sheesh. Luckily I was right there to whisk B out of the tub so that I didn't have to re-bathe him. Unfortunately someone must have enjoyed too much fresh fruit, and the code browns keeps coming (all in diapers, ptl). So poor little man acquired a nasty diaper rash, and mommy did not have a relaxing evening. Sigh.
Today we did get to do this:
(photo not from today) . . . and it was wonderful. Our last dip of the season, as this was the last day the pool was open. Thankfully swimming wore B out, and I was able to work on a digital photobook for him online most of the afternoon. I had received an e-mail coupon from Shutterfly for a free book that expires soon, which motivated me to get crackin'.
So I spent the afternoon working with photos of B circa 5-7 mths, like these:
Oh, man, were you cute, little man. I simply cannot believe that you are (over) a year older than those photos already! Speaking of cute, he still really is. I know, I am biased. But really. And he is becoming quite the chatterbox. So. much. fun. One funny word that he has recently learned is Doris. As in my grandma's neighbor. She must have made a good impression, because he will say her name on request (and still doesn't say very many names). So it is funny to hear him say, "Dor-iss." He also sweetly will say "pleasss" (please) when asking for something - when prompted, and tonight he said "hi daddy" when I held up the phone for him to talk to Billy (still en route home from CO). Today while he was eating dessert and was getting anxious for the next bite, I said, whoa, whoa, whoa. And he repeated "whoa, whoa, whoa" in his sweet little voice. We really do need to capture some of these gems on video.
So now, after much procrastination, I need to work on things for this:
Yep, that's my new classroom (I took my camera to snap first day pics of my kiddos, and while messing around with the settings snapped one of the room - not such a great view, I know - but that's part of what I see from my desk). I think I have everything ready to go for tomorrow and the next few days, but would like to plan a little farther ahead since everything is new to me this year. There's just always something school related that I should be working on . . .
1 comment:
btw, the movie was good... guess you had to be awake to get it!!
Post a Comment