We're getting so close to summer vacation, I can almost taste it (despite all the rain this week)! I'm sooooo ready for the carefree days of warmer weather, and spending all day with Braden (well, most days - we are going to keep taking him to daycare occasionally to hold his spot and so that he stays familiar with his buddies there . . . and so I can tackle a few projects - like painting the kitchen and living room (yay - can't wait!) - that will be much easier without B around).
HOWEVER, there are still 11(?)ish more school days to make it through, as well as end of the year testing/grading, report cards, and cleaning out my classroom that have to be completed before the summer fun can begin. Whew. Makes me tired just thinking of all that needs to be accomplished . . . It is comforting to know that by June 3 it will all be done!
Though I am anticipating summer, I am hoping that it doesn't fly by as quickly as spring has. . . our weeks have been packed full with activities, meetings, etc.. After several nights of being gone, I actually skipped one of my favorite events (Book Club), just to stay at home to see my boys and go to bed early.
Braden is such a little busy-body. His new favorite activity is pulling himself up into a standing position . . . and the laundry basket is the perfect height for this feat (note to self - be sure basket is full of laundry that is heavy/someone is holding the basket down before allowing B to try this trick!).
These pictures don't show him standing up very well, but you get the idea. It is hard to photograph this stunt while also being his "spotter." (He also continues to like to chew on anything he can get his hands mouth on.


We've had visitors this week! Braden's cousins have been coming over to play now that their mom is busy coaching softball (almost literally) in our backyard after school. We'll have a lot of fun hanging out with them this summer.


And last, but not least - Congrats Mom!
My mom is retiring after 41 years of teaching!
(not sure I will last that long . . )
On Thursday night Allison, Billy, Braden, and I decorated the school with "41 and done" signs (which included pictures of Mom from old yearbooks), balloons, left treats in the teachers' lounge. . .
. . . and sent her 41 roses on Friday at school (Dad was in on those, too). (Ha, Mom - snagged the picture off your site!) ;)

My mom is not one to "toot her own horn," (she'll probably tell me do delete this!) but I am so proud of her - she's one of the most dedicated teachers I know, and has spent many, many hours working on things for her classroom outside of the school day. Numerous times I've met people over the years who tell me that she was their favorite teacher, or the best teacher they ever had. I'm sure she's not going to slow down a bit in retirement, but I hope she'll have more time to do things she enjoys and hasn't had time for. Congrats, Mom!!!! (note extra exclamation points)! Love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment