Dear Braden,
Today I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mom. I love being your mommy, and feel so blessed to have you in my life, and to be able to call you my son. Your dad and I love you like crazy, and are so excited and humbled to be your parents. You've brought us more joy than we ever imagined in the seven months since you arrived.
I love your (already) spunky little personality, your beautiful bright eyes, and the sweet grin that you flash so generously; I see your daddy in your eyes, and your grandpa Ed in your smile. I love: your sweet perfect nose, the way you kick your feet at night as you're falling asleep, how you thoroughly enjoy your bottle (and demonstrate your despair when it is empty!), when you hold my hand or reach up to touch my face as I rock you, your love of investigating all things new, . . . and a million other things about you. I love how you get so excited to see your daddy, because I feel the same way; he's my favorite too - but I'll share him with you. Braden, I love you more than I ever thought I possible.
You are such a little sweet pea, and have been pretty "easy" on your dad and I as new parents trying to figure things out. . . and though we appreciate and love it when you sleep through the night, smile and coo, and are just so cute and loveable, we also love you when you wake up in the night, are teething, crying, or cranky.
So far you have shown us that you like to be on the move and love to be in the company of others (you seem to make friends easily!); I can't wait to see what you'll do one day with these gifts. My prayer for you is that you'll grow to love the Lord and use your talents to glorify Him.
I love you, sweet baby Braden.
All my love always,
Mommy
We took several pictures of today's Mother's Day festivities, but can you believe I didn't get one of me with my baby? So here's our "self portrait" in jammies . . . I think it turned out pretty cute!
Today my family came over for dinner; Billy had to work, and it is difficult for my Grandma to be out and about. It was fun to host a family meal of grilled chicken and veggie kabobs, cheesy potatoes, salad, homemade bread, and "death by chocolate" dessert (Allie and Beth contributed to the menu - thanks!).
Some lovin' from Auntie Allie
When Billy got home, we went to visit his Mom at work to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and then visited the Raths. Cousin Addie gave B a ride on the swing (love how he is hanging on!)


We think our little guy is teething again - he has been a fountain of drool. I think this was his 3rd outfit today!


Sucking/chewing on an ice cube after bathtime seemed to help . . . we'll see how much sleep we get tonight!

And one last photo that was on my camera for this upload . . . B did swing today with Grandpa Ed, but this shot is from earlier in the week. Thanks for hanging up our new swing more permanently from the tree, Grandpa! (Notice Billy busily mowing with our new self propelled mower in the background - whoo hoo - no more "push" mowing!)

Finally - a shout out to our moms for being such great moms for Billy and I - we love you guys, and appreciate you a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment