4.22.2009

Overheard

Tonight Billy was upstairs bathing our babe.  This is what I overheard from the kitchen as I was unloading the dishwasher:

"Hey, there is no peeing in the pool.  That is a rule, dude.  No peeing in the pool."

Oops.  Guess you need to run that bath again, dear hubby! :)



Can it really be almost the end of April? In some ways time is flying by, and in other ways it drags.  According to my count, we are down to 28 school days remaining - whew!  The end of the year always sort of sneaks up on me (even when looking forward to it) - especially this year, since it has been cold for so long.  This week definitely feels more like spring - finally!  I mentioned in an earlier post that we've enjoyed getting out for walks.  Well, now we can walk in style!  



We finally broke down and got a new stroller . . . our old one was acceptable and served it's purpose (Craig and his list helped us find great deals on a lot of our baby gear), but was lacking.  The old one was used, and to be honest, looked old (as in out of date) and used . . . I'm sure we got our $30 worth of use out of it several times over (ah, the fond memories of our weekly trips to the mall to get out of the house while I was on maternity leave; Braden napping in the stroller and me browsing leisurely and enjoying shopping during the uncrowded weekday).   While I loved the old stroller for popping the infant car seat in and out, the actual stroller seat only had a waist seatbelt, not a 5 point harness.  

Since Braden is getting a little big for his infant seat - his legs sort of hang out (we still have to use it in the car until he is a year and 20 pounds, but there is no reason to scrunch him in it for stroller rides) and loves to sit up, we wanted to try the forward facing/regular seat - but I was afraid he'd either wiggle out of it or pitch forward with only the waist belt. 

The feature I love most about our new "wheels" is that the seat part (with a 5 point harness, of course!) can be forward facing (as in the picture), or you can pop it out (even with baby buckled in) and switch it to rear facing . . . . I like this option, because while B likes to see the world, there are some times that I think it would be helpful for me to see him (and I just like looking at his sweet face).  We can also still pop in the car seat with this stroller if we need to . . . so I am hoping we will get lots of use out of it.  So far we really like the smooth ride and features. And, yeah, it just looks cooler. wink.


Tomorrow little man has his 6 month check up - can't wait to find out his official weight/height - all that good stuff!  I'm guessing he's gained a lot since he's been loving his solids! Sometimes I think he looks so big, then other times he looks little - so I am anxious to find out his percentiles too. 

Here's a new habit - Braden likes to put his left leg up when he eats - looks so funny, especially when he actually crosses his legs!



A few other pics that were on my camera . . . here's where you'll likely find our guy - the exersaucer is still a favorite hang out spot.


 . . . another favorite thing is to always have something to chew on!


1 comment:

suzanne said...

good advice, dad. but, don't sweat the pee....the experts say it is sterile. now, drinking the bathwater is another story!

love the relaxed leg up eater look.:)