10.12.2013

fall fun

The weather this past week has been perfect fall weather - sunny and warm, but with cool nights.  To stay cozy and warm at nightime, we've broken out the kids' "feet jammies" (as Braden calls them) . . . here's E in a pair of B's hawkeye hand-me-downs one night before bedtime.

When I uploaded pics today, I found this on my camera!  I think the kids must have played in the leaves in the backyard with Grandma Jane on Friday. :)  One of our backyard trees is already losing a bunch of its leaves.

We went to the pumpkin patch today!  This was a new trip for our family, and we all enjoyed it.  The patch was at a local farm, and they had a hayrack ride, jumping house, playground area, and even a haunted barn (that the kids thought was more funny than scary).







All along the hayride were "attractions" to look at - like this giant haybale spider!









Elise was worn out from all the fun at the pumpkin patch, and fell asleep on the way home.  So she and I stayed home and took naps (which we BOTH really needed), and the boys headed out to the fields for a tractor ride with Grandpa Jim.  Braden always loves this fall tradition . . .




No comments: