7.12.2013

overheard

Braden says some really funny stuff sometimes . . . though admittedly, I might be the only one who finds humor in some of what he says, I still want to document these little gems . . .

{Like many young children, he is currently going through a stage in which he overuses the word "actually."}
As in:
B:  "Actually, mom, let's go outside now."   or  "Actually, I don't want to go to bed yet."  or "Actually, I want a freezer pop."


{For some reason, B confuses the words "lemon" and "melon."}
 . . . Which confuses me when he says,
"Mom, can I have a melon cookie?" :)


{Another funny pronunciation mistake that he makes is saying a few words that start with an "s" with a "z" sound}. . . such as zissors and Zuzanne (my friend).


{I had baked a cake the other day and put it on a pretty cake stand with a lid.}
B: "Mom, why do you put a lid on that cake?"
Me: "It keeps it fresh."
B: "And if you do not put on a lid it keeps it not fresh?"


{I helped B get something from a cabinet with child locks on it}
B: "Thanks, Mommy for being a good helper."


And finally .  . .
{Today we joined some of my friends/coworkers to swim at one of their homes. Adults and kids had a great time enjoying the water.}
 Until . . . B (loudly from the edge):  "Mom, I pooped!"
(I turned 10 shades of red and hustled him to the bathroom, but everyone else got a good laugh.  You know you're among true friends when no one freaks out and everyone just laughs . . .)

No comments: