You know the feeling you get when you're on a roller coaster, and you're chugging your way to the top of the first big hill? . . . a sensation that is very exciting, but with a bit of dread and fear mixed in?
That's how I'm feeling right now.
It's t-18ish hours until the new school year officially starts. Yikes. Though we've been back at it for a few inservice days, it doesn't really begin till that first day that school is in session.
It's also almost exactly 2 months since we've had our house on the market, and if we're going to build this fall, we need to get movin'. We talked with our realtor this weekend, and she understands our need to get movin' - literally. Yikes again. There is a lot to do each time we have a showing/open house, and my stress level sort of shoots through the roof every time I think about it. And then there is the prospect of possibly needing to find housing between selling this house, and moving into a new one. Again, it makes my heart race to think of all that that entails.
So. Instead of getting anxious about nearing "the top of the hill," I am trying to focus on the joy of the trip that is to come once we start to descend (because I really do love the thrill of a good roller coaster ride). Once we get through the first couple of weeks of school, I always feel relieved and thankful to be back into a familiar routine doing something that I really love to do. Knowing that not everyone enjoys their job makes me feel truly blessed to get to do what I do every day. And the house/moving stuff will all work out (or it won't - and we'll end up staying put a little longer) . . . And no matter what happens with all of that (Lord willing), we'll be welcoming a new member to our family in a few months.
Yay!
Finally, I wanted to find a photo to add to this post to spice it up (b/c what's a post without a picture?), but haven't taken any recently. So I looked back in my iphoto archives to see if I had anything taken a year ago today. . . thought maybe there'd be a cute one of B. I was surprised (and a little puzzled) to find this photo:
Not only is it not at all exciting, but I had no clue what it was from. Did we go on a trip? Awhile back I went through my iphoto library and deleted out a bunch of pics that I didn't feel the need to have on my hard drive (they're all burned to disk if I really want them) to free up some memory. So I must have deleted any other pictures taken "a year ago today" and somehow left this somewhat dumb one of a hotel room. I finally looked up our August 2010 blog posts in the archives, and found out that a year ago today Billy road tripped to Denver for a wedding reception - so this must be a hotel room in Denver. Huh.
Since that picture is a dud, let's go with a few others - not exactly a year old, but that are from Aug. 2010 and worth the walk down memory lane and can serve as a reward for wasting your time looking at/reading about the other picture :)
B's first car ride in a forward facing car seat
My taste tester
Little fish
1 comment:
That last one in the pool looks so much like you Bill. Lawrence
Post a Comment