10.26.2010

date day

On Saturday Billy and I got to have a "date day," and we spent it at the Iowa game.  We usually only go to a game or two a year, and were excited when our friend Scott offered us tickets to the Wisconsin game for Billy's birthday.  Whoo hoo!

The day started out nice and sunny - great game day weather . . .
and it was fun to see M-P alum, Tanner Miller, as a Hawkeye (49)!
It's always fun to be part of the crowd and the energy and excitement at Kinnick . . .
 . . . even if the weather does turn a little icky.  Iowa fans are a lot of fun!
 The 2nd half of the game got exciting.  However, when we thought we'd won it, the Badgers had other plans.  And suddenly the weather wasn't the only icky part of the game.


Bummer.  Big. fat. Bummer.
And for the record, when we missed that first field goal, I said to Billy - just watch, we'll lose it by one point.  Maybe next time I should keep my mouth shut!


Oh well, there's always next week!  Go Hawkeyes!

No comments: