Lately, I have not done a good job at updating our blog. (Which is so lame for any readers that may be out there, I know. Because I love when the blogs I read get updated frequently. So really, I will try to do better).
Lately, evenings have been busy for mom and dad too; conferences and meetings for me, and Billy has been spending some of his evenings working on a storage shed for our backyard.
Lately, I'm tired (aren't you too, when the sun goes down at 5:00!?)
But
Lately, it was fun to take Braden to his first Iowa Hawkeye game!
He loved it! The drum corps at half time was a highlight for Braden - check out how he is stomping his foot to the music. I think HE was a highlight for those sitting near us.
. . . all that stompin' wears a fella out - he fell asleep during the 2nd half (he didn't nap very long that afternoon).
And
Lately,
I love watching Braden play in the leaves (although I think by now they're pretty much gone) . . .
. . . and it's fun to see him enjoy that crunchy crackly sound leaves make when you walk through them (I love that sound too!)

it's amazing to see our little guy growing up right before our eyes . . . doing new things each day.
Like:
• climb onto the couch by himself
• realize that often there is neat stuff on the table/counters and that if he stands on his tippy toes he can sometimes reach those things
• use a remote control to drive his toy plane forward and back
• bring books to anyone who may be willing/able to read to him, and plop in said person's lap to settle in for a story (or 2, 3, 4 . . .)
• call daddy (accidentally?!) using mommy's cell phone that he loves to carry around (one of those neat things that can be found within reach on a table if he's lucky)
• hold up one finger when asked how old he is (with the verbal prompt, "one")
• figure out that if he wiggles enough during a diaper change, daddy will let him run around pants-less

lately,
little man has been waking up earlier, which is sort of a bummer, but . . . I get to have breakfast with him:
1 comment:
WOW! He has really grown! What an absolutely adorable little guy! Glad you are able to enjoy the time with him!!!
Thinking of you tomorrow night at round two of conferences! :)
Post a Comment