10.20.2009

let the celebrating . . .

. . . be over! Wow, is it exhausting having both Braden and Billy's birthdays in October!

While I had a great time planning and preparing for Braden's big day (which WAS so much fun!), it was kinda hard to get right back on the ball to plan something for Billy's birthday. Typically we don't do a lot to celebrate adult b-days in our family (or that much for kids either, really, but Braden was celebrating his first birthday, so I wanted it to be extra special) . . . however today marks the big 3-0 for Billy! Soooo, that meant more party planning - can't let those significant milestones slide by!

We (successfully!) surprised Billy on Sunday evening with party at Old Chicago. He knew we were going to meet his family for dinner, but was not expecting to meet members of the Miller family and some friends too! Ironically, Billy was concerned with arriving at the restaurant ON TIME, and I couldn't do much to stall him (I even tried to hold him back with a trip to Target, but he whisked me in and out of there so that we would NOT be late for dinner) . . . so he actually arrived EARLY for his own surprise party. ;) So instead of everyone shouting surprise to him, he got to be surprised as guests kept trickling in.

That's what we've been up to . . . lots of partying. I'll post pictures of Billy's party when I get around to uploading them. But now I am tired. Very tired. The rainy, cloudy weather last week didn't help - it's been good to see the sun a bit more the last couple of days.

Happy Birthday, Billy! Welcome to the 30 club!


No comments: