HE is almost 11 months, thank-you-very-much.
Hmmm. Now, it usually doesn't bother me (that much) when people mistake the gender of my child, especially when he was teeny tiny, and dressed in little sleepers. Although actually, I don't really recall it ever happening . . . because most people (myself included) use clever ways to figure out the gender if they are not sure . . . for example, asking the baby's name (although with some names that doesn't help), or asking another question such as "What a cutie . . . how old are you?" to which the parent will say, HE/SHE is ___ old.
I'm not sure why that waitress's comment still bugs me . . . but at this point I think Braden looks pretty boy-ish, unless he is wearing just a white onesie and has his purple and pink binkie (which we got in a pack of pacifiers as a shower gift before he was born, and only use at home- ha!) . . . but it makes me think maybe we need to trim his hair. We've been saying that for a few weeks now, but just haven't gotten it done.
What do you think?
It is still thicker/longer in the back, but it is kinda cute how the longer parts get a little wave/curl up behind his ears.

And this is the outfit he was wearing last night - accessorized with a green bib, blue binkie, and blue binkie clip/string thing.
Billy says that the waitress was just a ditz - which is true. First she forgot the lemon for my water, and even when I requested it a 2nd time she didn't bring it. Then she forgot to take our order (came over and asked if everything was ok, and I had to say, well . . . can we order? We'd been there for 15ish minutes!). And she also forgot to bring ranch for our fries, and we had to ask for that a 2nd time. . . it was not that busy in the restaurant. So, yeah, she might not have been the brightest crayon in the box, or may have been distracted. But still, I wonder what made her think Braden is a she instead of a he?
PS - It might the fact the B has the longest, thickest eyelashes that any girl would envy . . . :)



3 comments:
I wouldn't cut it yet. The waitress was a ditz!
You will know when it's the right time for a haircut. It seems like once they get their hair cut, they look so much older, so don't rush it. Yes Braden has the longest lashes.
I vote ditz, he looks like a boy to me!
Post a Comment