11.15.2008

6 weeks!

On Friday our little guy turned 6 weeks old!  I sort of panicked when I realized that (duh! like I didn't know how old he is), and suddenly decided that we HAD to take him somewhere to take newborn photos (I am kicking myself for not doing this a little earlier - but its not like we don't have any photos of him - I think my October file alone on my computer has over 300 pics) . . .  

Anyway, since Billy had the day off on Friday (he is now working weekends - this is the first one and I can already tell I am not going to like it, especially when I go back to work - we missed him today!) we somewhat impulsively made a trip to Flash photography in the mall to take Braden's 6 week pictures.  I was also happy to get a family picture taken.  It was fun to see how "professionals" photograph babies (I learned some tricks), and Braden did a great job, except just as we were done with the naked baby pics (gotta have those!) and the photographer said "we'd better get his diaper back on," of course he peed.  oops.  

You can check out a few photos by going to this link


Other pics from this week . . .

Here's Braden all tucked in his stroller at the mall right after pictures.  He is awake so much more these days (he used to fall asleep instantly whenever he was in his carseat or the stroller). On Thursday he and I were at the mall to attempt some Christmas shopping and whenever I'd look down at him he was just smiling up at me - so sweet! (He's a great shopper - whoo hoo!)



We met Aunt Allie for lunch on Thursday before we hit the mall.



My cuddle bug.  We spend a LOT of time just like this:



Just hanging out . . . recently Braden has become a little more "independent" (meaning he will sort of entertain himself - kick, coo/grunt (the cooing is new this week - love it!), stare at lights, "playing" on this playmat - without crying to be held . . . from about 2-5 weeks he did not like to be left "alone" and would cry unless someone held him or was near him) - we are enjoying this stage!  (Except I find myself peeking at him excessively to see what he is doing and to catch those cute faces he makes! I figure that since I am down to 4 weeks left at home with him, so I will peek all I want to while I can . . .)

No comments: