3.02.2014

Turning Two!

I've said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again . . . but HOW can Elise be so big already? Time really does fly by.  I can't imagine our family without this spunky, loving little gal!

Elise got a whole weekend of celebrating this year!  Her actual birthday was today (Sunday), but we found it challenging to find a date when everyone could come to a party - SO we had 2! :)



Friday night the Hartsocks that could make it came over for pizza and a DQ cake.  I didn't get many pictures, but it was fun to see Elise and baby cousin Maura (9 months) interact a little.  Next year at this time those two will be having tons of fun together!


(I only had one pic of Maura and it's blurry - but had to stick in in anyway - she is such a cutie!)

On Saturday mom and I took Elise to get her 2 year pictures taken (I'll post them when we get them).  Poor kiddo was just not in a smiling mood (we think some teeth are pushing through), but we got a few cute ones.  My grandma is in the hospital, so we stopped in for a quick visit and I snapped this pic of Elise with her great grandma and grandma.

Today the Millers gathered for a "tea party" theme party.  It was kind of fun to do a girlie theme and use some "fancy" dishes!

My friend Brenda makes the YUMMIEST cakes (And the cutest too! Elise loved the little tea set on the top!) . . . I had originally told her to make a cake that would serve both the Millers and Hartsocks, but then we went with the 2 party idea . . . and I forgot to tell her we wouldn't need as much cake.  Whoops!  But it sure was delicious, and we can freeze the leftovers (or I'd eat cake every night this week!).


Yum!

E's big gift from us was a big wheel.  Last summer she didn't have a riding toy to play with outside but couldn't quite reach the pedals on B's trike, so I thought we'd try a big wheel this summer.  She was SO excited when Billy brought it upstairs.

It's still a little big, but she figured out how to use it!  Now we just need for spring to come so that we can play outside.

Braden was anxious to "help" her and really wanted to ride it too - but E was not about to share her new toy quite yet.

Grandma and Grandpa got E some accessories for her babies.  She and Grandma Jane tried out the new bottles with a baby doll.


Thanks to our families for helping us celebrate!

No comments: