2.18.2014

out takes

When I uploaded pictures from yesterday's snow day from the dslr camera, I found a few gems that had not been uploaded that I had forgotten about. ;)

A few weeks ago, I was trying to get some cute pics of B&E for valentine photo cards.   One idea I had was to take pics of them snuggling in their jammies in bed ("hope your valentine's day is warm and snuggly" or something to that effect).  I was able to get a few decent pics of them separately . . .
 

 . . . but things went downhill fast when I told them to snuggle up with each other . . .



Little Miss decided she'd had enough snuggling . . .

 . . . as had big bro.

I tried tucking them back into bed for a couple more individual shots (since snuggling clearly was NOT working), but they were now in full on silly mode . . .



This Mama doesn't give up easily, so a night or two later, I attempted to get some pics while the kiddos were eating cookies.  (This time, I thought perhaps our valentine could read something like, "We wish you a SWEET valentine's day) . . .

Again, I struggled to get a cute (or heck, even decent!) shot of both kiddos together . . .



 . . . so tried for some individuals . . .


yikes!! (I think she's actually saying "cheeeese!" but the chocolate cookie in her mouth makes this look scary!)


Nope.  Back together?


This what I got when I instructed B to lean in towards E ;)

 Oh well.  At least they enjoyed eating cookies!


In case you're wondering, here's what we ACTUALLY did for our valentine . . . I used some shots of the kids playing in the snow (even though I wasn't terribly thrilled with any of these pics, either) and made this collage card:

I miss the days when the kids would sit still and smile for the camera!  I'm gonna have to get more creative with my photography!

No comments: