2.13.2013

All you need is love . . .

I am having a lot of fun decorating for the holidays in our new home (although I guess it's not so new anymore - we've been here a YEAR already!)  . . . I think our old space was just too small to be able to do too much decorating in without feeling cluttered.  And while I like seasonal decor, I do NOT so much like clutter.  Anyway, I have found some fun decorating ideas on  Pinterest that I have had fun with this year.

I made the XO/hearts garland for our mantle out of felt . . . I think I need to starch it so it isn't so "floppy," but it turned out pretty cute and added some color to the mantle.  I also printed out the I heart U ABC's from a printable I found on Pinterest.



We've always done some sort of Valentine treat for the other kids at daycare, but this is the first year we've done valentines for a class.  B was really pumped to take valentines to preschool, until he realized he had to give them away (ha!).  I decided to get my craft on and make these cute superhero sucker valentines (Pinterest, of course!), since he is so into superheros these days . . . I forgot to take a picture of ours before he took them to school, but here's the pic from the pin:
source:http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-bird-its-plane-its-super-valentine.html
After cutting and assembling about 10, I was rethinking the plan - but they turned out very cute, and Braden was very impressed and excited about them. 



We also made these cookies (which we made last year too - but again, forgot to photograph) - YUM!  Who doesn't like PB cookies with a Dove chocolate heart?
(I couldn't find the original source for these, but they're pretty self explanatory and are all over the web).  


We packaged up the cookies and added our family valentine card (which of course I could NOT get a really cute pic of the kids for - it just wasn't happening, and I wanted to use a recent photo with both kiddos.  This was the best I could do)  . . .

 . . . and loaded up in the car to make a few deliveries to family members and neighbors.  Braden was so excited to hand them out.  After we'd been to a couple of stops, he exclaimed,  "I like Trick or Treating!"  It was too funny - I suppose it was sort of like Halloween, going from house to house with treats. :)

So it's been a fun "Valentine season" this year . . . I know that some people don't care for Valentine's Day and categorize it as a greeting card holiday, but I really do enjoy it.  Don't we all need a little more love in our lives?  And isn't it a good thing to tell our loved ones that we DO indeed love 'em (although we can tell them anytime)?  

xoxo


No comments: