5.26.2010

burgers and beans

Our little man is a definitely a mover and loves to be on the go. He runs, climbs, drives his cars and trucks, makes tall block towers, and throws a ball (hard). So he's really into kinesthetic things. He's not, however, so much into talking. He likes loves books and being read to, and babbles a lot of "nonsense" words (and relies on somewhat annoying uh uh/eh eh grunts to point out things he wants), but still is not very verbal. I would say he says about 15 words right now, and a "typical" 18 month old has 20+ word vocabulary.

I know that all kids develop at different rates (I'd say his large and fine motor development is on the more advanced end of the spectrum), but I just can't wait for him to say more words. At his 18 mth appt and at our monthly meetings with a Parents As Teachers program educator, we've been assured that B is on the right track and is not that far behind.

SO - we've been trying to be more intentional about building B's speaking vocabulary. Tonight as we were wrapping up supper, we practiced names of foods (hamburger and beans) - and he said them clearly! Made Momma so happy to hear that we had to break out the camera. :)


As always, ignore the goofy grown up voices . . . and B had almost lost interest in eating/talking by this point (and gets a little distressed when his fork is out of reach), but I take what I can get on film!






1 comment:

Kim said...

What a cute video! I'm sure someday you will be blogging about all of his "Why?" questions and your concern about his vocabulary will be a distant memory!